Monday, March 25, 2013

Home Afar


Destination: Spring Break
Total Miles: 2,114
Total Cost: $330



Ok...ok. So you are all wondering a few things:

The light at the end of the tunnel
1. Spring Break? A "destination?"  Yes. It was shorter to put than "anywhere within a couple hours of the Eastern Shore of Maryland" or "anywhere but here" (both of which sounded awkward).
2. Total Miles...the totals from the other posts do NOT add up to 2114. Let me be clear in stating that the "Total Miles" from each day's trip were added using Google Maps and thus not a complete representation of exactly where I drove. And did not fully account for the occasional got-turned-around-in-traffic moments (Philly and Norfolk, I'm looking at you!!!). This "Total Miles" is Mr. Darcy's summation and an accurate count of the mileage covered.

3. Total Cost. I will be the first to admit that this does NOT include the cost of gifts that I bought. That total would be closer to $700. I like to buy things for other people. Do not judge. :) The total cost also does not include every meal I ate or lodging...HUGE shout-out to my relatives and friends.


Highlights from the trip would include visiting with friends and family, walking around Philadelphia while reminiscing about the history of my country, seeing an Amish horse and buggy, eating delicious foods, Noah from Sight and Sound Theater (probably one my favorite parts of the trip), discovering the Longwood Gardens, riding the Cape Mays-Lewes Ferry with Mr. Darcy, and just driving around (crossing over 90,000 miles!!!) and meeting new people. And of course, one of my favorite parts about traveling: coming home.

Which reminds me of one of the verses from The Road Goes Ever Ever On:

The Road goes ever ever on,
Under cloud and under star,
Yet feet that wondering have gone
Turn at last to home afar...

All the same, I am working very hard to not go through Travel Withdrawal. The past week was exactly what I needed: a break. Sleeping an average of 7-8 hours a night for the first time in...months...I've already had people commenting on how rested and refreshed I look now. But now it is time to buckle back down for the remainder of the semester.

And it's time to start planning my next big trip: Colorado!

So. The conclusion of my Spring Break? yes.

The conclusion of my travels? Not a chance!!!
Saturday Email 3/23/13
Independence Hall
Mr. Darcy at 2nd 

Sight and Sound Theater

The Eastern Shore of Maryland



No comments:

Post a Comment