Sunday, March 17, 2013

Becoming Well Read

"The world is like a book, and those who don't travel read only one page"
                              - St. Augustine




Destination: the nearest Starbucks
Total Miles (roundtrip): 28.8
Total Cost: $2.44



Yes.

I did drive almost thirty miles this afternoon in search of Starbucks.

After the morning service, we headed home for a delicious pot roast, complete with red mashed potatoes and brocoli. But after lunch clean-up, I thought about it...fixed my hair...thought some more...then decided to find the closest Starbucks.

Charity had sent me a free code, and I had a free rewards drink, AND the only money I spent was on a yummy piece of pumpkin bread.

The drive was very nice...the countryside was a lovely green to celebrate the day (though I have learned for the first time that the Catholics are the ones who wear green on 3/17 and the Protestants are to wear orange...of course the only orange I brought with me was a Clemson t-shirt that was not fitting for Sunday dress). And I enjoyed the leisurely Sunday afternoon pace of traffic (something I rarely have time to enjoy!).

The Starbucks was great. Tried a Hazelnut Macchiato with my Pumpkin Bread, and I bought an Iced Green Tea for my cousin, Jackie...who also, like me, does not drink much coffee.

The evening service was a blessing, and I was asked to sing a special...which I love to sing and love to share songs that point us to Christ.

Following a business meeting, my cousins and their baby took me on a drive in search of pizza-which also doubled as a sleep agent for the baby.

While the day seems fairly uneventful, it was relaxing and a blessing.

Tomorrow is when adventures continue...provided the weather holds off!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment