Sunday, June 10, 2012

Never Start a Trip...

...after working all night.

Actually, I believe the superstition states: Never start a trip on a Friday, or you will meet misfortune.

I'm off an another adventure! I worked Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights. Then when I got off work Saturday morning (and had my Starbucks hot chocolate fix), I headed over to the Washer's to load up and head off to Wisconsin.

In case you're concerned about my extreme lack of sleep, let me reassure you:
1. I am traveling with other people.
2. I am not driving. (they rented a 15 passenger van)
3. We stopped in Kentucky for the night, and (in addition to my broken sleep on the ride to Kentucky) I have managed to get in a full NIGHT's sleep (putting me back in the realm of "normal people").

This is not my typical road trip. I'm traveling to Wisconsin to help out as Camp Nurse for a week of National Hoops Basketball Camp.

Yes. I am a NICU nurse. Yes. I said basketball camp.

While this may not be my typical road trip, it falls perfectly under the category as adventure (in more ways than traveling).

For those of you not as familiar with National Hoops, I would recommend checking out their website here.

So, today, we head back on the road, hoping to arrive sometime this evening. Which is when the real adventure will begin.

I'll keep you updated throughout the week...until then

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment