Monday, June 18, 2012

And Some Sweet Day...

Campers' Song
Forty-eight teenage boys' voices raised in one song. The perfect way to end camp.




Sr. high Champions
Friday night, we had the Awards' Ceremony after the championship games. We watched a preview video of activities from the week, heard several testimonies from both the guys and their parents, trophies were awarded, Pastor Mike gave the final challenge, the staff sang one last song, and the campers got up in front of their parents, quoted the camp verse and sang the camp song.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the word that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Victory In Jesus
"I heard an old, old story how a Savior came from glory, how He gave His life on Calvary to save a wretch like me. I heard about His groanings, of His precious blood's atoning. Then I repented of my sin and won the victory! O victory in Jesus, my Savior forever. He sought me and bought me with His redeeming blood (Praise God!). He loved me ere I knew Him, and all my love is due Him. He plunged me to victory beneath the cleansing flood."

Amen.

Kristen and I
Saying goodbye was a little harder than I thought. But the last verse of the song was the perfect reminder that someday we who have trusted in Christ alone to save us from our sin will meet together on those golden streets and sing together again the song of victory.


Was it worth the long hours in the van? Was it worth a week of sleep deprivation? Was it worth going outside my NICU comfort zone and nursing a bunch of teenagers? Was it worth staying up late and getting up early? Was it worth sitting for hours in a gym with 48 sweaty basketball players?

Yes.

(Ice, the new staple)
Because long hours are a part of traveling. Because sleep deprivation is nothing new to me. Because nursing teenagers is still nursing. Because staying up late, getting up early, and sitting in a smelly gym for hours was an adventure I'll not soon forget.

Because in the end, this whole trip was a chance for me to meet brothers in Christ, brothers that I will spend eternity with in heaven.



And THAT is worth more than anything in this world.

1 comment:

  1. ='] that is the whole point of it all ,re, and i am uber glad that you got to go to camp and be apart of the national hoops ministry =]

    ReplyDelete