Sunday, June 10, 2012

Of Tolls and Stadiums

Today's journey included a decent amount of driving. Having not been this way since I was a little child (little enough I do not remember the trip), I loved seeing the new scenery.

We trekked from Elizabethtown, Kentucky to Watertown, Wisconsin in 10ish hours.

Once we hit the more northern states (namely Indiana and Illinois), there could be felt a perceptible difference in the quality (or lack there of) of the roads. Yet this was correlating to the increase in toll booths, a fact I find perplexing.

One such toll booth even had a McDonald's drive-thru located in the middle of the highway. You could grab your meal (and change) and a few feet away also pay your toll.

Traveling with a bunch of guys also meant listening to a slightly more than fair share of sports talk, complete with sightings of a couple big name stadiums (in Chicago and Milwaukee).




One of my favorite sites was driving past Chicago. What a huge city!

I will try to post more (once we have internet access at the campus we are staying at...I'm currently in McDonald's enjoying free Wi-Fi) soon.

For now, please pray for us as basketball camp starts tomorrow morning! Campers are arriving from all over the States. Life is an adventure...and never dull!

2 comments:

  1. praying re! and of course love the photos! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made that drive many times. I've eaten at the McDonalds/toll booth. Say 'hi' to Wisconsin for me. And blow Chicago a kiss.

    ReplyDelete