Thursday, May 31, 2012

Left Behind

Having reviewed previous posts (in a somewhat vain-blogger-approach), I have decided to have another guest post.

"Occasionally, one has the opportunity to become an observer of the goings and comings of such as pertain to various members of a household. You may assume that I am speaking of the household of Guidingers. 

The members of this family come and go at all hours (one in particular, I have been party to the frequent galavanting). It is most unusual, in fact, to not be invited on such trips as are relevant to, what you may term, 'road trips.'

Being of distinguished, and necessary, importance to Miss Guidinger, as her vehicle of transportation, you will understand when I say that I was baffled (though privately pleased) with the prospect of a holiday. A chance to rest my trodden down tires from the wearisome protuberances these Americans refer to as 'roads' was a welcome relief. 

But I digress. My intent, as is fitting, is to inform this audience of the recent road trip taken by the adventuresome Miss Guidinger and her younger siblings to a place called The Cowpens. 

In light of the circumstances, it was of complete necessity that she take 'The Intimidator' (as her father's vehicle is known...truth be told, I myself could comfortably fit into the bed of 'The Intimidator'). Not only were they to be celebrating the holiday which American's have termed as Memorial Day, they were also to be acquiring those two of the siblings who have been traveling extensively the previous 4 months. 

I have, myself, visited this Cowpens (which happens to be a battlefield from the American War of Independence). It is, in truth, a field on which an important battle took place. The American militia and Continentals were led by Daniel Morgan against the British forces under the direction of Banastre Tarleton. A relatively short battle commenced. The outcome aided in the changing of the proverbial tides in the War. 

The children, no doubt, were questioned regarding the facts of the battle, participated in a Moment of Silence in honor of those who died during the battle, and toured the field (how appropriate this should be coined a 'Field Trip'). 


While I entertained the day off, the young Guidingers paraded about the countryside, enjoying such frivolities as large iced drinks and ice cream. 

I have been assured that such holidays will not occur frequently, and I am satisfied, on the whole, with the arrangement. Rest assured, such excursions without the appropriate chaperone (referencing myself, you understand) will not be frequent. 

I shall endeavour to maintain a continued sense of dignity in regards to any further road trips. For the present, I remain yours, 
Respectfully,
Mr. Darcy
of Travelers Rest"
for more info on Mr. Darcy click here


1 comment:

  1. Mr. Darcy assumed to role of chauffeur to Mama G during the said excursion in the Intimidator! As expected Mr.D was quite the 'genteel man'. ;-)

    ReplyDelete