Monday, May 7, 2012

In Smooth Waters

“I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in smooth waters all our lives.”  from Persuasion


As mentioned in the very first blog, I love to read. And I like to read different types of genres. But one of my favorite would have to be classics. I am no where close to reading as many classics as I would wish, but that is another matter. I finished 2 classics this past week. One, Wuthering Heights, took a couple weeks to finish (reading a couple chapters here and there during free time at work)...the other, Persuasion, took less than week. And I much preferred the latter. 


This particular quote was one that I reread a few times. If you haven't read the book, I would recommend to you to read it forthwith...and I will promise not to spoil it for you. 


I decided I quite liked this quote, and it aptly applied to myself (no, I am not a feminist...just saying women deserve more credit than is often given in regards to thinking and being rational). 


This is all a prelude to the news I found out this week: 
1. I can now officially call Mr. Darcy, "my Mr. Darcy" having received a title in the mail from Honda (I paid the final payments April 27th).


2. I have been accepted at Clemson University in the Master of Science in Nursing for the Family Nurse Practitioner Program. I was probably more shocked than anyone else. Having waited 7 months since applying (paperwork got mixed up), I had convinced myself that I was not going to be accepted (it is a competitive program). Yet all along the process, I have prayed earnestly that God would open and shut this door as He saw fit. And that I would have the wisdom to walk through or away according the path He leads.


So...with approximately 6 big trips planned for this summer (including but not limited to: Colorado, Grand Canyon, and Wisconsin), I have quite a handful of details to work out between now and the end of August. 


Who wants to be in smooth waters anyway? :) 
Claiming Isaiah 43:2 

No comments:

Post a Comment