Monday, January 9, 2012

"It Was Only the Beginning of the Adventures"

Being a somewhat avid reader, you will see me often posting with a title that references some story...in this case, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. It aptly describes this first post.  This quote comes from the end of that particular story, but it truly was the beginning of the children's adventures in Narnia.  I have spent the last 2 1/2 years since graduating with my bachelors in nursing from Bob Jones University working as a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit nurse at a Level III NICU in Spartanburg, SC.  And during that time, I have covered a good bit of ground.

What initially gave me a taste for traveling was a 3 week music ministry team to California.  We put well over 1,500 miles on the vehicle we rented in Cali...and I found to my immense pleasure that I not only enjoyed the amazing places I was able to see (Golden Gate Bridge, Yosemite, US Highway 1, San Diego's Point Loma...just to name a few) but I also enjoyed meeting people from, literally, all over.

Since that trip, I have been to: Haiti, Seattle, Victoria BC, New York City (twice), Michigan, Denver, Boston, Concord NH, Virginia Beach, Atlanta (several times), Charleston (several times), Knoxville TN (multiple times), and all over the Upstate of SC.  And I'm already planning things for this year...the big one being a road trip to the Grand Canyon with the Little People (more to come on the LPs).

So really, you are jumping into the middle of what began a couple years ago. But do not despair! I shall catch you up in short order...and, I think, you will find that it truly is the beginning of the adventures.

5 comments:

  1. I think you need to come to Michigan again ;) Heheh.... but seriously, Mackinaw Island is a great place to take LP's too and lots of history there. The Sleeping Bear Dunes on the west side of MI are awesome and a lot of fun if you enjoy hiking. See? Even more motivation to come visit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to journal your great adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! this is just the beginning of lots of fun reads for all of us non-travelers lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Norfolk is a good place to visit! We miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to keeping up with your travels. You've been to a lot of places!

    ReplyDelete