Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sunshine and Clouds

For Trip Info: check Over the River

:)



I love clouds. And I love sunshine. And I especially love sunshine coming through clouds. And during this particular road trip, I got to see a fair amount of both clouds and sunshine! The clouds came from a Cloud Maker I passed, and the sunshine came from the Knoxville, TN Sunsphere!

This trip, I visited my mom's parents in Tennessee (which I like to do, both because I love them and because I like the drive). And Grandma cleared her schedule the whole day Tuesday! So (after I slept in like a bum), we headed towards downtown Knoxville.


When my grandparents moved to TN around 14 years ago, they took my siblings and I to the Knoxville Sunsphere. Mind you, at the time there were only 4 kids. But I digress!

Over the years, I have wondered about this huge glowing orb in Knoxville: why haven't we gone back? what makes it so sunshiny? how did it end up here?

For a full history of the Sunsphere (which I will NOT bore you with here), I would recommend checking out the World's Fair Park website. Loads of facts.



If you're ever in that area, I would recommend checking it out...parking cost us $3 (which you may be able to find some free parking if you look), but it's completely free to go to the observation deck in the Sunsphere.

(and for those of you wondering: the windows were filled with a 24 carat gold dust)

After traipsing around the Sunsphere, we headed to another downtown attraction: the Market Square. Filled with little shops and cafes, it is a fun area to walk around and grab a bite to eat. If you're ever not sure where to go or what to do, I recommend Googling attractions or things-to-do in the area to where you are headed.


As always, my trip to Grandma's was WAY to short, but knowing it's just a little jaunt over the rivers and through the woods, makes the shortness somewhat bearable. Until next time!

ps...I bought my plane tickets for Colorado...and I secured my plane tickets for Haiti...

No comments:

Post a Comment