Friday, July 6, 2012

Security...

Sitting at Greenville-Spartanburg Airport...waiting for my flight...and blogging about my trip seems like a good idea.

This blog post is dedicated to all those TSA people that drive us insane and make crazy rules about what you can and cannot do or bring or say or go.

I like to fly. And in the past 3 years, I have flown my fair share. It may or may not be as much as some people. But it is enough that I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about when it comes to airport security.

Tips for making your next flight a little smoother:
1. Wear socks. Or have a pair with you to put on while you're in line at security. There is almost nothing as nasty as walking in your barefeet through the security checkpoint where thousands of other people with who-knows-what-kind-of-bacteria are walking.
2. Wear easy-to-slip-on-and-off shoes. I love my Birkenstocks or Sperrys for this purpose. Slip them off: throw in the security bin. Slip them on when they come through.
3. Have your ID ready. You typically have to have it out for check-in, so just keep it out with your ticket. And know where it's at before you head to the airport.
4. Computer. There is much I could say on this topic, but the main thing is: have your laptop in a separate, easy-to-access compartment in your carry-on. It has to be placed in a separate bin and life goes smoother when it is easily accessible.
5. Check out the TSA website before packing so you can know what can and cannot be taken through security. They also have the basic regulations about liquids.
FYI: Crotchet hooks are allowed. As are empty water bottles (which can then be filled up at a water fountain...worried about microbes? Use a Brita water bottle to filter out the water. Check your local Walmart or Target.)
6. It's ok if you have to be scanned extra. It happens to me almost every trip. Literally. Just follow their instructions, take a deep breath, and remember that it is for your safety.


That's all I have time for now. But hopefully, you'll be hearing from me soon and seeing some of the gorgeous scenery from Colorado! Happy traveling!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment